Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist shares 9 Simple Tips to Thin Out Your Closet.
- Start easy.
- Remove seasonal items.
- Get rid of clothes that don’t fit once and for all.
- Reduce your need for additional accessories.
- Consider the idea of one.
- Reassess current trend purchases.
- Physically handle every item.
- If all else fails, pick a number.
- Experiment with less.
Read Joshua’s post to get all the details on each item. One modification to the “pick a number” tip, is to pick a number for how many days between laundry days. I do laundry once a week, so I need one week worth of clothing. It’s a bit more extreme, but worked well from me.