Clothing and closets are a clutter-spot for many people, and this is often a good area to start when you first begin to declutter. Courtney Carver of Be More With Less and creator of Project 333, shares 7 Lessons from a Tiny Wardrobe.
Every 3 months, she creates a seasonal capsule wardrobe of 33 items. She doesn’t count underwear, sleepwear, or workout/sports clothes. This what she calls “Project 333”. She has been doing this for several years now, and has learned some lessons about keeping a minimalist wardrobe.
Here is the list:
- One more thing won’t complete the perfect wardrobe.
- Choosing from a small selection of clothing reduces stress and anxiety.
- No one really cares about what you wear.
- A colorful wardrobe does not result in a colorful life.
- Advertisers will do whatever they can to convince you that you need more to be good enough.
- Dressing with less will give you the confidence to live with less.
- You will never find something to wear that makes you feel beautiful, smart, or loved, if you don’t believe you already are.
I suggest clicking over to Courtney’s blog post to see her commentary on each item in the list. My favorite is number 3, no-one really cares what you wear. I have 3 different polo shirts that I wear to work week after week, and no-one has ever said anything to me about the lack of variety. And, if they ever did, I would use it as an opportunity to discuss minimalism.